[sudo-users] Re: [sudo-announce] Sudo version 1.6.8p8 now available

Alek O. Komarnitsky (N-CSC) alek at ast.lmco.com
Tue Apr 5 11:48:06 EDT 2005

> From sudo-announce-bounces at courtesan.com Thu Mar 31 21:01 MST 2005
> From: "Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller at courtesan.com>
>
> The next major Sudo release will be version 1.7.  For information
> on what to expect in sudo 1.7, see http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/future.html
> You can help speed the release of Sudo 1.7 by purchasing a support
> contract or making a donation (see below).

For those who didn't click-thru to the Future's Page, there's
some pretty nifty stuff that should be especially useful to those
folks in enterprise-type environments - I've attached the list below
and most impressive is that most of it is showing as complete.

Kudo's to Todd,
alek

#  New, multi-pass parser that fixes several problems with the old in-place parser. (complete)

# Monitor mode where sudo traces the executable and its descendents. This fixes the "shell escape" problem. (complete for systems supporting systrace, support for other systems possible but not yet written).

# Support for multiple sudoers files via a #include directive. (complete).

# Better wildcard support using the glob function. (complete)

# Revamped "-l" flag. Relevant Defaults options are now printed, a specific command can be tested, and root can list other user's privileges. (mostly done, LDAP pieces remain)

# New per-command Defaults entries. (complete)

# Use the supplemental group vector in addition to doing string comparisons of the group members. (complete)

# A real test harness. (todo)

# Run commands in a fresh environment by default. (todo)