[sudo-users] Can't get sudo working with ldap

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Tue Apr 5 21:48:30 EDT 2005

Howdy all,

I followed the instructions in the LDAP.readme and everything seemed to be
going smooth until I actually tried executing sudo.  I get the following
below.  Everything on the ldap server shows communication between the two
servers.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Matt

---snip---

orion$ sudo bash
LDAP Config Summary
===================
host         *****************
port         389
ldap_version 3
sudoers_base ou=SUDOers,dc=********,dc=net
binddn       cn=pamclient,ou=SystemAccounts,dc=********,dc=net
bindpw       *****************
ssl          on
===================
ldap_init(************,389)
ldap_set_option(LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION,0x03)
ldap_bind() ok
found:cn=defaults,ou=SUDOers,dc=********,dc=net
ldap search
'(|(sudoUser=mjuszczak)(sudoUser=%users)(sudoUser=%users)(sudoUser=%users)(sudoUser=%admin)(sudoUser=ALL))'
found:cn=mjuszczak,ou=SUDOers,dc=*********,dc=net
ldap sudoHost 'orion' ... MATCH!
ldap sudoCommand '(ALL) ALL' ... not
ldap search 'sudoUser=+*'
user_matches=-1
host_matches=-1
sudo_ldap_check(0)=0x04
Password:
mjuszczak is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
orion$