[sudo-users] How does sudo improve security.

Pico Geyer picog at softstart.co.za
Fri Apr 8 05:03:19 EDT 2005

Thank you all for your replies to my questions.

Another problem that I have is that I don't know what to allow normal
users to do. The way we are doing it currently is that all users have
the root password. I agree that this is not the best of mechanisms, but
we are a very small company and I am the self proclaimed system
administrator. Any recommendations on how I should limit users.

I was thinking of allowing them to install software through RPM but I
not sure what else to allow/disallow.

Also any comments on a hacker gaining access to your account and then
because your using sudo, the hackers job is made easy because he has
more rights than he normally would?

Thanks again
Pico