[sudo-users] sudo only from tty0

Steve Mancini stevem at aracnet.com
Fri Apr 8 19:12:29 EDT 2005

I was looking through the sudoers configs and was not sure if this
was possible.

I've been asked if it is possible to make it so that a sudo command
is only executable if you are at the keyboard (in this case, a laptop).
They are seeing to prevent remote execution of the command - the
requiretty almost sounds right but I am not sure this covers the desired
goal entirely. They basically want to restrict the command to the person
at the keyboard of the laptop.

I can't see a way to do this by the straight configs. Am I missing
something?