[sudo-users] SUDO problems on HP-UX 11i (11.11) with trusted security

Paul.Ostrowski at hartfordlife.com Paul.Ostrowski at hartfordlife.com
Wed Apr 13 09:22:57 EDT 2005

All,

I have encountered a problem with sudo 1.6.8p7 running on HP-UX 11i
(11.11) with trusted security enabled.  When the system is in trusted mode
and i sudo a command, sudo asks for the password of the user.  When the
password is entered it is not accepted and asks to retry. After 3 retry's
it fails.  I know that the password is correct.  when I revert the system
back to /etc/passwd security.  sudo accepts the user password and allows
me to run the command.

I have obtained my copy of sudo from

 http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Sysadmin/sudo-1.6.8p7/

Does sudo support HP's trusted security model?

Has anyone ran into this problem before?

please e-mail me back @ paul.ostrowski at hartfordlife.com

Any input is appreciated.

-Paul Ostrowski

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is
destroy all copies.