[sudo-users] Execution permission denied

lars ebeling dhd733 at yahoo.se
Mon Feb 28 06:19:55 EST 2005

# ls -l /usr/local/bin/sudo
-rws--x--x   1 root       sys         122880 Feb 27 17:34 /usr/local/bin/sudo

regards
Lars

David Logan <david at lcscreative.com> wrote:
lars ebeling wrote:

>I still can't get sudo to work.
>
>Regards
>Lars Ebeling
>
>lars ebeling wrote:
># which sudo
>/usr/local/bin/sudo
>
>How do I verify that the filesystem isn't mount noexec?
>This is what mount gives:
>/usr on /dev/vg00/lvol7 delaylog,nodatainlog on Sun Feb 27 16:20:07 2005
>
>Regards
>Lars
>

>"Todd C. Miller" wrote:
>In message <20050227144935.71994.qmail at web25806.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>
>so spake lars ebeling (dhd733):
>

>>I have installed a binary distribution of sudo on HP-UX 11.11.
>>
>>This is what I get:
>># sudo -e
>>sh: sudo: Execute permission denied.
>># visudo
>>sh: visudo: Execute permission denied.
>>

>Verify that the filesystem that sudo is installed on is not mounted
>with the noexec flag and that the output of "which sudo" matches
>what you are trying to run.
>
>- todd

Hi Lars,

I know this is a bit silly but have you done an ls -l
/usr/local/bin/sudo and ensured the binary really has execute
permission? It sounds to me like the permissions have not been set
correctly during the package installation. I would have thought the
mount would have told you if it was noexec.

Regards

--

David Logan
South Australia