[sudo-users] Defaults>user Syntax Error?

Elizabeth Brosch elizabeth.brosch at thomson.com
Wed Jan 26 11:52:24 EST 2005

Thanks for the reply Todd.

Here is a snapshot of the sudoers file:

# User alias specification
User_Alias      TEST=lizbro

# Cmnd alias specification

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
TEST    ALL=(lizbro2) All,(root) /usr/bin/su - lizbro2

# Defaults specification
Defaults:TEST   timestamp_timeout=0

For my test purposes, I su to "lizbro".  Once logged in, I run the
following command:

sudo su - lizbro2

I then receive the following error:

>>> sudoers file: syntax error, line 16 <<<
sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line 16

Can't seem to get around this.  Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Liz Brosch
Systems Engineer