[sudo-users] Re: Support for multiple LDAP servers in Sudo ?

Aaron Spangler aaron777 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:34:37 EST 2005

I'm glad you brought up the mixing libraries thing.  There are several
ways to deal with mixed libraries.  (Such as multiple LDAP libraries)
One of the most effective and reliable way is to only allow the linker
access to the *Static* OpenLDAP  libldap.a and liblber.a files (rather
than the OpenLDAP's shared libraries).  This forces the linker to
extract and bind the files at link time.

There are other linker tricks as well, but I had to do that
specifically when I built pam_ldap on solaris so that it would not
dump a core when using /usr/bin/passwd.

Okay, that is totally unrelated to sudo, but I thought the linker
trick would help.

- Aaron