[sudo-users] Re: sudo+ldap+redhat (fedora)

Aaron Spangler aaron777 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 15:25:05 EDT 2005

Thanks for the debugging information.  Sorry I took so long to respond.
For whatever reason, it appears that linux is unable to determine the
proper netgroups.  Sudo simply uses the netgr_matches() libc call that
is common on all Unix operating systems.

I suspect that since Linux itself is not able to read the netgroups
there might be some other issue not related to sudo.  Here are some
things to try:

1) I am assuming that your netgroup information is stored in LDAP.
Verify that the 'netgroups' line in /etc/nsswitch.conf reads:

netgroups: ldap

2) Verify that nss_ldap is looking for the netgroups in the correct
place.  Check your /etc/ldap.conf and look for the line.  It should
point to the container in your LDAP server where the netgroup
information lives.

nss_base_netgroup  ou=Netgroup,dc=example,dc=com?one

Hopefully that should get you going.