[sudo-users] Can I distribute the sudoers file as an rpm????

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Tue Jul 19 15:42:02 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 11:17:53AM +0100, Wes Armour wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to distribute our sudoers file using an rpm package.
>
>   [...]
>
> When I try to install the rpm I get:
>
> file /etc/sudoers from install of diamond-sudoers-0.1-1 conflicts with
> file from package sudo-1.6.7p5-30.1.1

Sounds like it's conflicting with the distribution's instance of the
file... myself, I distribute the sudoers file in the distribution as a
sudoers.dist file, copy it over if it doesn't already exist, then use a
distribution mechanism such as scp or something more automated such as
cfengine or the like to keep the distributed sudoers file up-to-date.

Hope that somehow helps as an alternative...

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

Sign at state park: To determine the temperature of the water add 25 to
the average height (in inches) of the swimmers presently in the water.
This will give you the water temperature in degrees Fahrenheit.