[sudo-users] Can I distribute the sudoers file as an rpm????

Wes Armour wes.armour at diamond.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 05:35:25 EDT 2005

Thanks Russell & Bob your advice is appreciated.

My full rpm spec is:

%define version 0.1
Copyright: GPL
Group: Applications
Name: sudoers
Provides: sudoers
Release: 1
Source: sudoers-%{version}.tar.gz
Version: %{version}
#Buildroot: /tmp/sudoers-%{version}

%description
The sudoers file gives limited root access to pcs

%prep
echo

%setup
echo

%build
echo

%install

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
%config /etc/sudoers

The reason I would like to package the sudoers file as an rpm is because
I have a red hat satellite server and so it would make things very easy
if I could upload an rpm with the latest sudoers file in it and then all
machines would update automatically.

Thanks,

Wes.