[sudo-users] store sudo config in LDAP with NDS 6.1 on HPUX 11i

Aaron Spangler aaron777 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:43:34 EDT 2005

Don't worry about HP-UX not using /etc/ldap.conf.  Solaris & AIX don't
either.  You should be able to create an /etc/ldap.conf.  The
README.LDAP file should contain an example of  what goes in there.
Mimally you should define 'host' which points to your LDAP server.  If
you are using a different port rather than 389, override the port
using the 'port' option.  When using the Netscape API, do not specify
the 'uri' option.  If you don't allow anonymous binds or you have
restricted read access on the sudoers container, you will need to
specify the 'binddn' and 'bindpw' options.

Also you MUST specify the sudoers_base option with the contain that
holds your sudoers information.

When it comes time to put the information into your ldap server you
will need to first exend your schema using the sudoers schema (see the
README.LDAP).  Second you will need to actually put the data in.  (You
can use the sudoers2ldif program to give you example data.  It does
not work perfectly yet).

I hope all this information helps.  Please let us know if you need more.

 -Aaron