[sudo-users] sudo on HP-UX console

Pieterse H (ICTRO) H.Pieterse at ictro.drp.minjus.nl
Thu Jun 23 02:55:26 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have problems using sudo on the system console.

When I log on using my personal account and try to do

sudo ls /

and I respond with the right password the next message is replied:

is says:

Sorry, try again.

Password:

sudo:  incorrect password attempt

In the syslog is listed

Jun 23 08:36:04 borta001 sudo: pietersh : 1 incorrect password attempt ;
TTY=console ; PWD=/tb/usr/pietersh ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/ls

When I configure the sudoers file in a way that I don't have to enter
passwords (NOPASSWD:ALL), the ther is no problem.

/etc/securetty exists (console).

What do I need to do to make this work?

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind regards,

Harry Pieterse

Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.
Het Ministerie van Justitie.