[sudo-users] syslog problem with sudo 1.6.7p5

Stephen Jones jones4411 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 15:01:00 EDT 2005

I have copied a compiled sudo 1.6.7p5 to a new server (Solrais 8).  Syslog is enabled as follows:

Syslog facility if syslog is being used for logging: local2
Syslog priority to use when user authenticates successfully: notice
Syslog priority to use when user authenticates unsuccessfully: alert

syslog.conf is configured to alert on auth.info to /var/log/authlog.  I do not get the auth.notice when a user authenticates.  I get it on the ohter 10 servers.  I have checked the permissions, syslog.conf ands even run syslogd -d.  I only get the fialed authentifications in /var/adm/messages.

Does anyone have any ideas why I can't get it logged?

Stephen