[sudo-users] Execution permission denied

lars ebeling dhd733 at yahoo.se
Tue Mar 1 00:23:36 EST 2005

Thanks

You are right it's wrong architecture. I didn't think there were any differences between a HP D370 and D380, but it's different processors D380 is supporting 32/64 bits. Now I have downloaded from sudo.ws and will try that.

Regards
Lars

Bob Proulx <bob at proulx.com> wrote:
> lars ebeling wrote:
>>>sh: sudo: Execute permission denied.

That sounds like the wrong binary architecture. In that case the
"magic number" of the file fails and the shell tries to run it like a
script.

What does "file" say on it? What is the output of these commands? I
am guessing (as Todd seemed to be) that there is an architecture
mismatch.

uname -a
file /usr/local/bin/sudo

Todd C. Miller wrote:
> You said this is HP-UX 11.11 but is it a pa-risc or ia64 (itanium)
> CPU? The binaries on sudo.ws are for pa-risc CPUs, not ia64.

As far as I know HP-UX 11.11 is only on PA-RISC. The first HP-UX
supporting IA64 is HP-UX 11.22 and later. So 11.11 would imply a
parisc machine. HP-UX 11.23 is the current release for ia64. HP-UX
11.23 has only recently been released for the HP s800 machines
(notably not yet supporting the HP s700 machines).

Bob