[sudo-users] RHEL WS 3 / LDAP via ssl - start_tls_s not working?

Jeremy Capps jeremy.capps-c at iovation.com
Thu May 12 13:56:54 EDT 2005

Unfortunately sudo 1.6.8 is not included in the RedHat WS 3 (update 3).
What I was looking for was to have a centralized sudoers file.
Using OpenLDAP 2.0.27-17 from RedHat to compile sudo 1.6.8p8 seems to
work well (config.log shows: define HAVE_LDAP_START_TLS_S 1 ), but when
I try to use it in my LDAP environment:

LDAP Config Summary
===================
host         myldapserver
port         636
ldap_version 3
sudoers_base ou=Sudoers,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com
binddn       (anonymous)
bindpw       (anonymous)
ssl          on
===================
ldap_init(myldapserver,636)
ldap_set_option(LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION,0x03)
ldap_simple_bind_s()=81 : Can't contact LDAP server

Shouldn't I be seeing ldap_start_tls_s here?

In my /etc/ldap.conf on the LDAP client I have no binddn or bindpw, but
am using rootbinddn and /etc/ldap.secret (600) to bind to the LDAP
server, could this be the issue?

Thanks in Advance,
   Jeremy Capps
--
(503) 224-6010 ext.235

The information contained in this email message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this email message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments.