[sudo-users] Getting sudo to be quiet in a script

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Sun May 15 15:02:52 EDT 2005

Hi all,

   I am wondering if there is a command line switch that will tell
'sudo' not to say:

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

     #1) Respect the privacy of others.
     #2) Think before you type.
     #3) With great power comes great responsibility.

   when 'sudo' is issued. I recently switched from Fedora Core where
this was only presented once ever to Debian where it is presented often.
I realize (and applaud) the logic behind this. In my case though I am
calling 'sudo -v' from withing a script and I want to surpress this output.

   I want to simplify as much as I can what the user needs to do so I
would rather avoid editing the config file if I can (if even that is
possible). The man page didn't have any indication as to what I could do
and the '-p' option didn't supress it, either.

Thanks all!

Madison