[sudo-users] Running passwd problems

EWAD SCM ewadcmcell at btconnect.com
Wed Nov 9 10:21:47 EST 2005

Hello all,

    I currently have a problem with using the passwd command in conjunction with sudo. We run a Solaris 2.6 installation that we currently log onto as a job specific user eg. plummer, electrician or carpenter. For security reasons we now have to log on as an individual user eg. John, Paul etc and then we use SUDO to change the users account to plummer, electrician or carpenter. The problem we have is that every users individual password needs to be changed every 3 months and if they run the passwd command it changes the password of plummer, electrician or carpenter, where I need it to change it for John. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thanks Martin.