[sudo-users] Feature request - chdir option

Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner) Eric.Ladner at chevron.com
Tue Oct 18 14:58:37 EDT 2005

Ah.. I understand the issue and feel your pain.  I've ran into that one
with poorly written vendor scripts (where do all the good script writers
work??)

In the past, I've solved this with something like this:

file:  upgrade.sh-----
#!/bin/ksh
 cd /foo/bar/dir
 ./custom_vendor-supplied_program
 ./yada_yada_yada
 ./and_so_forth
--------

sudo ./upgrade.sh

But, I realize that that also doesn't always work.  I can see where the
-C option (a la tar) would be helpful.