[sudo-users] sudoers exception failure with root

Mike iminneed at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 15:28:03 EDT 2005

Would love to, but we are financial in nature and have multiple audit
requirements that state no user will become root or an administrator of
a production machine unless performing systems upgrades. This command
syntax use to work until we upgraded our machines now it doesn't. We
still need to allow user to su to other users to start applications and
do other functions that their job requires so removing su completely
isn't an option. Oh yeah, like most companys they don't want to spend
the money to get any of the third party products that could control /
monitor this for us.

Mike