[sudo-users] sudo and groups

Timo Wendt twendt at online.de
Thu Apr 20 13:52:30 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have the following setup:

drwxr-x--- 3 root shadow 4096 20. Apr 19:31 dir1

tmp/dir1:
insgesamt 4
drwxr----- 2 timo shadow 4096 20. Apr 19:32 dir2

tmp/dir1/dir2:
insgesamt 4
-rwxr----- 1 timo shadow 13 20. Apr 19:32 cmd

Now I allowed a user timo1 to run cmd as user timo. User timo has
group shadow as his primary group. It doesn't work. It is possble
though to run the command when logging in as user timo. Somehow sudo
doesn't recognize that user timo has shadow as its primary group and
therefore the problem is dir1. As soon as I set 755 on it, it works.

Is this supposed to be like that or is there any option to use?

Timo