[sudo-users] PATH and CLASSPATH

Opesh Alkara opeshalkara at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 19:32:03 EDT 2006

I want to have kind of setup where all my linux users connect to system
using their non-wheel usernames and then switch to a specific user 'userA'.
this specific userA is a user by which production application runs on Linux
RHEL ES 3.0 and 4.0. I can do this easily by adding users in group "userA"
and specifying:

USER    (ALL)=(USERA) (NOPASSWORD) ALL

at shell

%sudo -u userA -s -H

But this prevents me to use the $PATH and CLASSPATH set in userA. When I say
echo $PATH I couldn't see the PATH of userA, but of users who have been
switched to userA by command "sudo -u userA -s -H".

Can any please suggest, how can other users have the $PATH/CLASSPATH of
target user "userA" once they switch to userA. This is required to execute
some JAVA programs.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/pointers