[sudo-users] configure to avoid logging?

Michael Potter pottmi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 19:27:51 EDT 2006

Bob,

Here is a question that i asked with the same goal in mind:

> The specification for Defaults is like this:
>
>    Default_Type ::= 'Defaults' |
>                         'Defaults' '@' Host |
>                         'Defaults' ':' User |
>                         'Defaults' '>' RunasUser
>
> Cmnd is absent.
> Why?
>
> The reason I am asking is that I would like to turn off logging for
specific
> commands.
>
> This seems like I should be able to do something like this:
> Defaults&Cmnd !syslog

I would be interested in trying to change sudo to support my proposed
syntax, but I would first like to hear from from someone with more
experience with the sudo source code as to why this feature is
missing.

It seems like an obvious feature so I suspect that there is some
non-trival problem with implementing it.

One solution would be for you to run that command as a different user
so you could use some thing like this:
defaults>newuser !logging,!syslog,!mailto

I would appreciate hearing your solution if you come up with one.
--
potter.