[sudo-users] sudo and passwd problem

Covington, Jimmy D. (NGIT) Jimmy.Covington at va.gov
Thu Feb 2 11:06:00 EST 2006

Actually we found that users who are in ldap are the ones affected....Since there is no "root" account in LDAP, you have to use the LDAP GUI or ldapmodify command to change a user's passwd...

And no, we don't have runaspw enabled in sudoers.

Jim Covington
Senior UNIX Engineer

Sapphire Technologies, Inc.
Austin Automation Center