[sudo-users] Issues with setuid

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Mon Feb 27 14:26:22 EST 2006

First off, what you are trying won't work.  You can't do "sudo cd
/some/dir" and have it do anything useful.  The reason for this is
that the cd "command" will simply change the directory and exit,
leaving the parent process (your shell) right where you started.

I'm not sure why setresuid() would be broken on CentOS but this
really doesn't sound like a sudo bug.  I woudl suggest, however
that you try building the current version of sudo (1.6.8p12)
and try that.

You don't need to build it as an RPM.  You can just run configure
and make.  If you don't want to overwrite the system version
of sudo you could install it in a different directory (or with
a different name).