[sudo-users] Has anyone successfully modified the default "mailto" string in sudoers file

Stoddard, Kevin M Kevin.Stoddard at ihs.gov
Thu Jan 19 10:11:34 EST 2006

Thank you for your response, Russell... (I'm NOT one of those voices...;-)

After commenting out (#) the 'mailto' line, visudo still complained about
a syntax error on this line.  Now, that's just wrong.  After some testing,
it turns out visudo is "pointing low when it should be pointing high."  As
it turns out, the line after, "Defaults mailto = ...", was incorrect.  If
you take the line number the syntax checker gives you and add 1 (one) to it,
you will get the correct line number with the syntax error.  Is this a vi
error or an implementation error of vi through visudo?  I don't know.  I'm a
GNU Emacs user.

SUMMARY:  visudo points to the wrong line number when using the -s flag.

	This works! -> Host_Alias AIX=192.168.1.1
	               Defaults   mailto="me at AIX"

Regards,
K. M. Stoddard
"I.S. I.T. M.I.S."