[sudo-users] prompt for root password

генерал Пурпоз kb2wjw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 06:12:14 EDT 2006

Hello mog,

Sunday, July 23, 2006, 1:59:21 AM, you wrote:
> In the sudo man page it suggests that sudo can be configured to prompt
> for the root password instead of the invoking users'.
As it is answered in other posting - asking for root's password is
definatelly possible.

But doing so, in my eyes, completely defeats the whole idea behind
"sudo" utility. If someone knows the root's password - he does not
need no "sudo", nothing - he *IS* the root himself.

Think twice and once again - why do you want to share the root's
password with someone else?

--
Best regards,
 генерал                            mailto:kb2wjw at gmail.com