[sudo-users] prompt for root password

генерал Пурпоз kb2wjw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 07:52:31 EDT 2006

Hello mog,

Sunday, July 23, 2006, 3:20:24 PM, you wrote:
> ...in this isolated case I am just setting up sudo to be used by the
> existing root admins just as an alternative to having to do su -
> (for a chance to become more familiar with it etc.), but to maintain
> security, it needs to ask for the root password instead of just
> confirming the invoking user's password.
Well, it's your box and it is you ruling it...

But to make things clear: sudo may ask not just either root's or
invoking user's password. You may set it to ask the password of some
(actually - any) other account - for example, the one, made just for
that purpose.

Why risking with root's one? What if someone will oversee it over your
other admin's shoulder?!

Re-think your decision to not regert about it later...

--
Best regards,
 генерал                            mailto:kb2wjw at gmail.com