[sudo-users] dynamic defaults

Andrew Kay akay at sharp.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 06:35:57 EST 2006

I'm sorry if this is a basic question, but having read the man page
and examples several times I can't figure it out.

I want different defaults to operate by executable, for example
to do something like:

Defaults:%user stay_setuid
%user	localhost = (root) NOPASSWD: /opt/admin/changepasswd ""

Defaults:%user !stay_setuid
%user	localhost = (root) NOPASSWD: /opt/admin/fixpermissions ""

But I think this doesn't work because Defaults are acted on globally,
not lexically?

Does it work to create different aliases, as in

User_Alias STAY_SETUID_USERS = %user
User_Alias NOT_STAY_SETUID_USERS = %user
Defaults:STAY_SETUID_USERS stay_setuid
Defaults:NOT_STAY_SETUID_USERS !stay_setuid
STAY_SETUID_USERS   localhost = (root) NOPASSWD: /opt/admin/changepasswd ""
NOT_STAY_SETUID_USERS   localhost = (root) NOPASSWD: /opt/admin/fixpermissions ""

or is the aliasing expansion done too early to help me?

Any help would be welcome.

thanks
Andrew