[sudo-users] Giving access to one app for all users

Paul Thompson p_thompson at mac.com
Wed May 17 14:46:49 EDT 2006

On 17-May-06, at 1:40 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:

> Paul Thompson wrote:
>> Bob Proulx wrote:
>>> In the meantime, test sudo access using -l to list out what the user
>>> can do.
>>>  sudo -l
>>> That should provide useful information.
>>
>>   Thank you for your reply.  I ran the sudo -l command, and here's
>> what I received back:
>>
>> Pirates-Cove:/etc root# sudo -l
>> User paulthom may run the following commands on this host:
>>     (ALL) ALL
>>     (ALL) ALL
>> Pirates-Cove:/etc root#
>
> You are running as root.  In your sudoers file you gave root full
> access to run all commands.  It is actually one of the default entries
> and is typical and is generally what you want for root.
>
> Try that again as the user you are trying to allow sudo access to.
>
> Bob

   Hi,

   I gave it a try, and here's what I received back;

Pirates-Cove:~ paul$ sudo -l
User paul may run the following commands on this host:
     (ALL) ALL
     (root) NOPASSWD: ALL
Pirates-Cove:~ paul$

   If I understand this correctly, it seems to be saying that the
user paul can run all commands, and root may run all commands without
a password.  The only thing I don't see is a reference to the print
command.

   Paul