[sudo-users] Giving access to one app for all users

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Thu May 18 17:01:36 EDT 2006

Paul Thompson wrote:
>   When I modified the sudoers file, I cd to /etc and then
> authenticated as root before I ran visudo -f /etc/sudoers to modify
> the file.

You are editing /etc/sudoers.

The visudo command should have the path already compiled into it.  You
should be able to simply run visudo and edit the file without having
to go to a particular place and specifying the filename directly.

  sudo visudo

> Pirates-Cove:~ paul$ strings /usr/bin/sudo | grep sudoers
> /private/etc/sudoers

Looks to me like your sudo command is compiled to use
/private/etc/sudoers and not /etc/sudoers.  Don't you agree?

Bob