[sudo-users] problem compiling --with-ldap

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Sat May 20 15:51:17 EDT 2006

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 08:43:48PM +0200, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
> hi,
>
> Recently I found out that you could have the sudoers file in ldap. Great! I
> have the server working but now my test workstation is not willing.
>
> The workstation is centos 4. While doing ./configure I can see there is a
> problem:
>
> checking for LDAP libraries... not found, using -ldap
>
>   [...]
>
> Do you know what package|library I need to get this working?

I'd think that something like OpenLDAP would work... possibly some of
the built-in LDAPs on certain OS'es shoudl be sufficient -- I've not
linked against any, myself, however.

There's more info, too, in the README.LDAP file that might help...

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell at loosenut.com

"If you have a car, let it go, if it comes back to you, get the hell out
 of the way."