[sudo-users] Giving access to one app for all users

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Sat May 20 16:29:01 EDT 2006

Michael Hill wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >There is no /private in general use on any system of which I am aware.
> >I assume this /private is some local convention on your site.
>
> Bob, didn't this person mention he's trying to get an application
> working on MacOS X?  That might explain the "/private" prefix.

I am not familiar with Mac OS X details.  But isn't Mac OS X based
upon BSD?  BSD does not have a /private.  I searched the web briefly
for Mac OS X and sudo but did not see any mention of a /private
directory.  But that does not prove that it does not exist, just that
I did not see anyone mentioning it.  I saw a lot of people talking
about using sudo on the Mac though.  It appears that is the default
superuser access mechanism.  Which seems like a good thing.

Anyone on the list know about Mac OS X and sudo and willing to comment?

Bob