[sudo-users] tls +ldap + sudo = no go?

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sun May 21 16:41:30 EDT 2006

hi,

after succeeding in compiling sudo --with-ldap --with-pam (I needed the
pam-devel package) I have come across this problem.
If I do not use tls in /etc/ldap.conf, then sudo works perfectly. If I do
use tls (which is a must) then I get

sudo: uid 1000 does not exist in the passwd file!

a quick google search reveals that this is a known 'problem|feature'.  In
this thread http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tools.sudo.user/1659
Huibert Kivits suggests to use SSL for authentication and not for sudo. How
does one do this? I thought that all went through nss-ldap.

So, is it impossible to use sudo + ldap + tls/ssl at this moment?
--
Groeten,
J.Asenjo