[sudo-users] rule to allow execute with root privilege for binaries exist anywhere below folder tree.

dhane dhananjay d_dhane at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 04:54:13 EST 2006

Hi,
I would like to create rule such that user should be able to execute any binary or script saved anywhere below one particular folder. Files to be executed may exist anywhere below parent folder tree.

e.g.
operator       ALL =  /usr/oper/bin/Here operator will be able to execute any binary exist in folder /user/oper/bin but he is not able to execute binary exists in subdirectories exist below /user/oper/bin.

I would like to know the resolution for same.

Regards,
Dhananjay Dhane