[sudo-users] exempt_group string problem

Martin Ivanov tramni at abv.bg
Wed Nov 1 08:46:45 EST 2006

Hello!
I am running Slackware Linux 11.0 with kernel 2.6.18
Here is my /etc/sudoers file:

root	ALL=(ALL) ALL
Defaults:marto  exempt_group=on
Cmnd_Alias     MARTO = /bin/su, /sbin/telinit, /usr/sbin/checkinstall, /bin/ls, /sbin/mount, /sbin/installpkg, /sbin/removepkg
marto marto = NOPASSWD: MARTO

As you can guess, my user is marto. The problem is that the commands from the /sbin directory cannot be found by sudo, because they are not in the in marto's PATH. So to free sudo from the PATH restriction, I decided to use the exempt_group string. However this does not seem to work. Whenever I type:
sudo telinit 6
as marto, bash compains that it cannot find the command. If I add /sbin to marto's PATH, there is no problem. I wonder if there is some way to achieve that without modifying marto's PATH. I want marto to have access to commands in /sbin only via sudo.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.

Yours,
Martin