[sudo-users] Keep LD_LIBRAY_PATH

Russell Van Tassell russell+sudo-users at loosenut.com
Wed Nov 1 12:39:25 EST 2006

Just note, you can break a Solaris system *very* badly by even slight
mistakes with crle... when using it, be sure to include the system
library directories and do both the 32 and 64 bit paths (if applicable)
and be wary of the "trusted" paths.  And to be clear, this will set the
runtime linker path for everyone on the system, not just a given
application or user...  You might want to backup /var/ld/ld.config and
/var/ld/sparcv9/ld.config before you make any changes, as well.

The other option here, of course, is to allow sudo access to a script
that sets the path before calling the given binary (which is the option
we tend to us).

Hope that helps...
Russell