[sudo-users] Keep LD_LIBRAY_PATH

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Thu Nov 2 09:46:01 EST 2006

In message <4549F682.4080200 at gmail.com>
	so spake Jan Albrecht (jan.albrecht):

> I think crle is no option as I have to use on a system eviroment where
> HP-UX, AIX, Linux and Solaris are running. So there must be a system
> wide solution.
>
> Is there no native way by sudo?

The problem is that most dynamic linkers remove LD_LIBRAY_PATH when
running a setuid program (like sudo) so by the time sudo runs it
is not even in the environment.

If you cannot change the global list of allowed shared library
locations you can always make a script that just sets the variable
appropriately and then executes the program that needs it.