[sudo-users] exempt_group question

Huibert.Kivits at mail.ing.nl Huibert.Kivits at mail.ing.nl
Fri Nov 3 16:57:11 EST 2006

Hi Martin,

IMHO, you've got two options:
1. Have user marto issue sudo commands like this:
    sudo /sbin/telinit
2. Add /sbin to the user's PATH, either through
   - the user's own .profile
   - the system-wide /etc/profile
  - a group profile, only to be executed by a specific group to which user marto belongs.

Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vänliga hälsningar / nuosirdziausi linkejimai,

Huibert Kivits
ING
"...all too often, when organizations develop information security programs, they treat security issues as a simple 'check-box' on the list of required corporate functions."
Richard Forno & Kenneth R van Wyk, "Incident Response", O'Reilly, 2001, ISBN: 0-596-00130-4