[sudo-users] How to prevent editing sudoers-file

Huibert.Kivits at mail.ing.nl Huibert.Kivits at mail.ing.nl
Sun Nov 26 20:31:30 EST 2006

If you store all sudo authorizations in LDAP, you can be certain the
user has no ability to change his sudo authorizations.
You would still have to audit /etc/sudoers, but that would be
considerably easier. /etc/sudoers should be 0 or 1 byte small, if you
would decide to manage sudo from LDAP.

Of course, this won't stop a user who has sudo ALL from doing malicious
things.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Huibert Kivits
ING
"Het kan altijd beter en strenger, maar strenger is niet altijd beter."