[sudo-users] sudo sudo 1.6.8p12 on aix 5.3 ML4

Jim Horwath jim.horwath at rcn.com
Fri Sep 1 06:01:48 EDT 2006

I have an AIX machine running 5.3 ML4 using GNU compilation utilities.  The codes builds and installs without incident,  but when I run run with a command (sudo ls foo), the three password prompts are printed to my screen, but I am not given a chance to enter my password.  If I remove the prompt for a password the sudo program acts as expected.  I have this code running on 5.2 and 5.1 AIX machines.  Any ideas what is wrong?

Please advise,
Jim