[sudo-users] (resend) executing no password as specific user

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Thu Apr 19 12:39:04 EDT 2007

this should be something easy but I don't seem to be able to get it to work.  my
goal is to let all users execute a single command without a password and have
that command run as the common user.  After reading through the manual, it
looked like the following sudoers entry should do what I want but it apparently
doesn't.

all ALL = (www-data) NOPASSWD: /var/akasha/python/test.py

then I thought I would need to run sudo like so:

sudo -u www-data /var/akasha/python/test.py

and I still get asked for a password.

obviously, this is some kind of beginners mistake but since I'm a beginner with
this use of sudo, it's not surprising.  help please.

--- eric

--
Speech-recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct some.