[sudo-users] Running as a user other than root

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Wed Feb 7 09:12:09 EST 2007

You should be able to do that with 'sudo -u <user>'...however, I find that it is not necessarily a good idea to have the command alias match the command (I don't know that it is an issue, I just take that out of the equation).  Try the following (this assumes that the <user> is db2sds and that sds is running the command:

User_alias DB2=sds

Cmnd_Alias REPCHK=/home/db2sds/bin/repchk

DB2 ALL=(db2sds) NOPASSWD:REPCHK

=G=