[sudo-users] Running as a user other than root

Mia Durand mdurand at harrahs.com
Wed Feb 7 10:36:36 EST 2007

My apologies I did have that copied over incorrectly (that's what I get for typing instead of copy/pasting).  I did in fact have REPCHK all caps in the sudoers file, but still received a message that the user was not permitted to run repchk as root.

After playing with this a bit I did get it to work by using this:

Runas_Alias DB = db2sds,db2util

sds     ALL=(DB) NOPASSWD:/home/db2sds/bin/repchk

When I run it I still seem to have to use the following to get it to work properly though.  When logged in as db2sds, I can run repchk without the full path, but this is the only thing that seems to work so far when sudo'ing it:

sudo -u db2sds /home/db2sds/bin/repchk

Perhaps there is an environment setting, or something of that nature that interferes?  I'm totally guessing at that though.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

~Mia

Mia Durand wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Fairly new to using sudo, and I'm trying to set up a user to run a
> job as a user other than root.  I included all of the syntax that I
> believe should work, but I'm still unable to get the command to run.
> Here is a snippet of my sudoers file.

Cmnd_Alias is case sensitive

> User_alias DB2=sds
>
> Cmnd_Alias REPCHK=/home/db2sds/bin/repchk
              ^^^^^^

> DB2 ALL=(db2sds) NOPASSWD:repchk
                             ^^^^^^