[sudo-users] Defaults and LDIF

Ville Silventoinen vsi at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 14 04:52:34 EST 2007

Hi,

are the user, host and runas user specific Defaults supported by the LDIF (sudoOption)?

Defaults>root          !set_logname
Defaults:FULLTIMERS    !lecture
Defaults:millert       !authenticate
Defaults at SERVERS       log_year, logfile=/var/log/sudo.log

I followed the instructions in http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/readme_ldap.html
and I searched the sudo-users archives, but I couldn't find an answer.

I have written my own sudoers parser in Python, using PLY module (lex &
yacc in Python). It can handle multiple lines, line wraps, runas (xxx)
syntax and removes quotations marks from options (mailto and passprompt at
the moment). It also generates unique cn values by keeping a cache of
used values and adding "-number" suffix when there are collisions.

I'm sure others have written similar parsers, but if there is interest, I
can separate the code from my Python library and send it to the list. It's
rather long and I'm not 100% sure if it works correctly! ;-) I've tested
it with the sudoers manual page examples and our own sudoers file.

Best regards,
Ville