[sudo-users] Sudo 1.6.8p12

Buffum, Charles CBuffum at timberland.com
Fri Jan 12 10:45:14 EST 2007

I have a question on this version - I pulled down this version from the
web, configured and installed it on a our development machine which is
running AIX 5.2.0.0-08.

The configure was run as this:

./configure --enable-shell-sets-home --enable-log-host

I set up my sudoers file and tested, the sudo.log shows the entry for
the host as in the (--enable-log-host) entry above however the
--enable-shell-sets-home does not seem to work.

I tested this vi doing the following:  sudo -u oracle8 echo $HOME

Jan 11 15:54:11 : cbuffum : HOST=tblusr02 : TTY=pts/0 ;
PWD=/var/adm/sudo/sudo-1.6.8p12 ; USER=oracle8 ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/ksh
print
/home/cbuffum

I was assuming that this should show me the oracle8 home path, it did
not, it returned my home path - is there something I have missed? Is
there more to it than just the entry at the time configure is run? Some
entry needed in the sudoers file? I have tried several attempts to get
this to work and check the web for pieces I may have missed.

Any information will be appreciated,

Thanks - Charlie