[sudo-users] sudo and friends

jan kalcic jandot at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 19 11:14:06 EST 2007

Huibert.Kivits at mail.ing.nl wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Did you use "which sudoedit" to find out where the sudoedit command is located? If this would be /usr/local/bin, you must authorize for /usr/local/bin/sudoedit. Instead of /usr/bin/sudoedit.
>
> Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vänliga hälsningar / nuosirdziausi linkejimai,
>

> Huibert Kivits
> ING

Hi Huibert,

Yes, the path is correct, actually the problem was that when I launched
the command by command line I forget to put sudoedit before.

Anyway, now sudo seems to be more friendly. :)

To sum up what we said about sudo:
-never use vi, but sudoedit to edit file
-always use absolute path
- always deny general access and then allow the specific command
-put aways one more * when use sudoedit in order to avoid to open more
that one file. (/usr/binsudoedit /etc/samba/* *)

Regards,
Jan