[sudo-users] LDAP & Sudo

Andy Loughran andy at zrmt.com
Mon Jul 2 01:20:44 EDT 2007

Hi guys, I'm new to the list so please don't bite!

I've followed the following howto to setup sudo on RHEL with the LDAP server @ localhost, and everything works great.

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~garyttt/Installing%20and%20configuring%20OpenLDAP%20for%20RedHat%20Enterprise%20Linux3.htm

However, I use the same LDAP server to authenticate users on two other machines - and I need to be able to read their details off LDAP for sudo - like I do on the machine local to LDAP.

When compiling sudo --with-ldap, and --with-pam it fails on the client machines,
#gcc -c -I. -I.  -O2 -D_PATH_SUDOERS=\"/etc/sudoers\" -D_PATH_SUDOERS_TMP=\"/etc/sudoers.tmp\" -DSUDOERS_UID=0 -DSUDOERS_GID=0 -DSUDOERS_MODE=0440  ldap.c
#ldap.c:52:18: error: lber.h: No such file or directory
#ldap.c:54:18: error: ldap.h: No such file or directory
#ldap.c: In function ‘sudo_ldap_check_user_netgroup’:

I notice that the --with-ldap flag also has the option of setting a directory.  Does that mean it'll only work where the LDAP server is on the same machine as the sudoers config?

Regards,

--------
Andy Loughran
www.zrmt.com