[sudo-users] Fwd: SUDO package for Sparc version 1.6.8p12

Chris Jepeway jepeway at blasted-heath.com
Wed Jun 27 21:21:31 EDT 2007

(Hey, Paul didn't preserve the cc:, so the original questioner)
(questioner didn't get his reply.  I'll bottom quote it.      )

On Jun 27, 2007, at 12:47 AM, Paul Stepowski wrote:

> The way the noexec feature works is to substitute the exec*() system
> calls with
> stub system calls.
Sure.

>>> ld.so.1: /usr/bin/vi: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such
>>> file or directory
>>> Killed
But, the error is given by ld.so as trouble exec'ing /usr/bin/vi.
Not in starting sudo.

Perhaps Tim has substituted Solaris' /usr/bin/vi with vim?
And vim might need ligcc_s?

This would tell us, yes?

	csh% env - /usr/bin/vi /tmp/z

If that *doesn't* work, then the problem might be that sudo
isn't passing "scary" envariables like LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If it *does* work, well, then try (as root) a

	csh# ldd /usr/sfw/bin/sudo

(or wherever sudo is installed) & check that all the
libraries resolve.

Chris <jepeway at blasted-heath.com>.