[sudo-users] Sudo Hanging when NFS Mounts are Unavailable

Marc Chadwick Marc.Chadwick at dealer.com
Thu Mar 29 12:21:02 EDT 2007

Good morning,

I have been experiencing an odd issue and I hope someone can help.
Many of the machines I work with have nfs mounts. Unfortunately the
nfs server sometimes goes down. When it does, the mounts remain in
place but are unavailable (e.g. stale, or causing stat to hang when
checking them), and if a user tries to run something sudo their
instance hangs after they enter a password. Sudoers and the sudo log
file are both on local disk.

Any ideas?

--
Marc Chadwick